Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 9 - Here's what I want...

If you see me eating something that is not on my diet plan, please just give me a hug and ignore it entirely.  When I'm making progress, compliment me on how I look.  When I'm struggling (or gaining!) please tell me you really care about me, ask me how you can help...and then give me another hug! 

Share what you want with your support system, the post it some place where you can be reminded what you really, really want.

As I've been going through my days, my diet hasn't gone well.  Not even a little bit.  In fact, I'm wiping chocolate-peanut butter brownie off my face as I'm typing this.  I saw on Facebook that a girlfriend of mine has lost 27 pounds.  We started WW right about the same time.  I've lost 6.  Why am I not motivated?  I think it is because I am listless in my goals.  I need to set solid, reachable goals.  And I need to come up with something fun but measurable.  I'm spinning my wheels!  Setting a goal of "lose weight" is so vague and just plain "blah!". Having a definite reason on WHY I want to lose weight would help too.  I need to lock this in before I get much further into this challenge.  Hmmm...  Think, think, think.

And no, my peanut butter brownies weren't nearly that pretty...


1 comment:

  1. Oh Steph, I do believe we are related. I have spent my entire life trying to lose weight. I have tried everything, there are times I do so well and other times, I say forget it, I just want to make and eat goodies. I am a very motivated person in all other aspects of my life, why does weight have to be such a tough thing? I guess if any of us had the answers we would be rich. I have loved reading your blogs, just keep on doing the best you can. I think it is much harder having children around, cause they could and can be my crutch to what food I have in the house. Example, Jordy loves Cheetos, so I bought a bag for him for the weekend. Guess who ate most of them, ME. Continue to do samll positives each day, maybe having a brownie, but making a deal to walk those calories off on your treadmill at some point. I have really enjoyed Myfitnesspal.com as a way to help keep myself accountable. If I am going to eat something, by golly it will be listed. Including the yummy chocolate cake from Laura's birthday this weekend. Hang in there and continue to be the wonderful person you are.

    ReplyDelete