Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 7 - I Can Do It!

I decided not to blog my 100 days over the weekend.  It was so busy that I was unable to give adequate attention to the topic each day so I opted to wait for today when I could focus more on what I was reading and journaling.   Sundays are really busy, bustling days at our house!

I had an ok weekend.  I ate too much, exercised too little and didn't get nearly enough sleep.  Somehow I keep thinking that if I slept more, I'd feel better.  I find that I tend to turn to food to help keep me awake.  Sigh.

Today is Day 7.  I can do it!!!  Linda tells us, "practice saying the words 'I can do it' over and over.  Write them on sticky notes, and then post them on your mirror, your computer screen, and your car dash.  Read them many times a day, maybe even 100 times.  Push them deep into  your mind and use them as a powerful affirmation that you will succeed with your plan."  I have about 9 floating around the house right now.  On cupboards that I like to look in...on my bathroom mirror, here on my computer, IN the refrigerator, on my car dash...and a tiny one on my phone.

1.  Write the word I Can Do It!  Do it!!!  I did!

2.  Write out, "I Can Do It because...."
Oh, boy, this one is so tough.  Here is another funny thing about me.  I am an over-achiever.  A total Type A personality.  In the past I have been able to do anything I set my mind to.  Hard things.  Except this.  I'm not sure why THIS is different.  Why is it that I can do ANYTHING but THIS?  I have worked my tail off in the past, accomplished impressive goals, won money, accolades, honors, bragging rights, free products, and so forth.  But, darn it all -- I can't seem to target my weight and push through!  Why is this the one thing I've never been able to do?  Is it not meaningful enough for me?  Maybe there isn't enough challenge?  No bragging rights to be gained.  No medals to win....?   I sat here at the computer getting ready to get to work and I think back on my day.  I started out good with the green smoothie...(3pts)  and a blueberry muffin (4pts).  For lunch I had soup (3pts) but by 3pm I'm STARVING!  then I ended up eating another blueberry muffin (4 more pts) and a bowl of cereal (7 pts!!).  I get 28 points a day, and look...I've had 21.  Stupid blueberry muffins -- calling my name!

Listen to me and all my "I can't" and "wah-wah" statements.  Bah!

I can do it because....  I can do anything I set my mind to.  Even this.  I can do it because I can finish something I started.  I have to figure out how to get from 1pm to 6 pm without losing it every day.  I need a better plan.  I can do it because I want this!  I can do it because I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I Can Do It!
(I stuck a sticky on my drink...someplace where I look quite often.)


1 comment:

  1. I like your idea of putting the sticky on the cup. Good one!

    Keep up the good work and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete