Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 6 - Protect Your Program

Anytime you feel pressured to eat something, sidestep the food pusher by saying, "Not just yet; I'm going to wait a little while."  Make a commitment to "protect your program at all costs!"  Don't let people or events be an excuse to pull you off track.  (guilty!)

1.  Watch for chances to respond to food invitations by using the line, "Not just yet; I'm going to wait a little while."
I am so lucky in that I really do not have any food pushers in my life.  I am my own food pusher!  However, I do go to many gatherings and end up weakening my resolve and eating whatever I want.

2.  Identify at least 3 high risk times or events - how can you protect your diet program during each of these?
-Date night with the hubby - tonight!
-Babyshower - tomorrow morning!!
-Sunday - our church schedule meets during lunch time so I tend to be famished by the time we get out...we pack snacks but I end up going crazy and eating too much, not healthy, etc.

Tonight is my turn to pick our restaurant.  I can look at the menu online before we go and decide what to eat.  Maybe I can try to remember what Emily said this week on the Biggest Loser, "It's not the food you eat, but the company you keep."  Tomorrows baby shower, I'm sure there will be all kinds of finger foods and cake.  I will drink my green smoothie before I go, hopefully not be feeling hungry.  If I "must" eat...stick with the veggie/fruit tray, although there is nothing wrong with having a small treat.  Sunday, I need to pack healthier snacks!  Why am I carrying peanut butter granola bars around anyway if I get weak and tend to eat them.  All 7 points worth?!  I should just quit buying those stupid granola bars.  Duh!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, gosh, I have SEVERAL food pushers! It's been hard to get them to stop ASKING and PROVIDING! I'm down 18 pounds though! Whoop!

    ReplyDelete