Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 11 - Two Purposes of Food

Oh, I feel so uninspired.  This has been the strangest, weirdest week.  Somehow, in my mind, I've slipped into this period of "transition."  Long-story-short, I have fallen off the wagon.  Eaten a bunch of junk, no exercise, not enough sleep...  To add to this, the weather has been scary (tornado's/bad storms), Maggie has been sick, I've had a lot going on teaching primary at church each Sunday, the hubby has worked a LOT, and I'm just so, so, so tired.  I feel like this transition was a cross between a slip-up and a hiatus.  I'm not sure which.  I haven't given up yet!

Day 11 wants us to focus on 2 main reasons we should eat"
1.  to fuel your body
2.  to appreciate flavors

It's recommended we plan a minimum of three fuel stops a day with a couple of mini-stops in between.  Each time something is eaten, write it down.  Once you get an idea of what you are doing, when you are eating, how much you are eating...the make a plan to space your fuel stops 3-4 hours apart.

I find that if I get too hungry, I tend to seriously over-eat when I finally get my hands on some food! 

I am pretty decent at food tracking, something that Weight Watchers recommends.  I just need to regroup after the last 7 or 8 days of weirdness.  I need sleep!  I'm signing off to take a much-needed NAP!   ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment