Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 3 - Do It Anyway

The things that feel important are the things that we do...even when we do not want to.  Changing diapers, taking out the trash, brushing our teeth to name a few.  But there are so many days...ok, most days, where I wake up and think "but, I don't feel like exercising!"  So I don't.

Day 3 asks us to improve our commitment and learn to focus our actions and not just our feelings.  On days when we are not in the mood to eat right or exercise:  do it anyway!

You know, honestly, I don't feel like working out - ever.  I know that I need to, and I would see better results, and maybe I'd even have more energy if I'd just do it anyway.

Today we need to take yesterdays no matter what approach, pick something we don't want to do, and do it anyway.  There are a couple of things that I could focus on.   For example, today I didn't work out and I ate Chick-fil-a (it was SO good).  Yes, I fell into that "drive by the library, and right by Chick-fil-a" trap!


I know that working out more would help in so many ways.  Maybe because I'm a homeschooler, and I have my kids around me 24/7, I feel like as soon as I get a moment to myself the last thing I want to do is workout.  I want a NAP!  Or to just check my email!  Or read!  But--I need to do it anyway.

In other news:  Anybody know how many points a #1 from Chick-fil-a is?   a LOT.  Yes, that was an epic fail...  (Did I mention it was good?  And that we were all starving?)  At least I didn't go to McArsenic or anything...

Oh, and I should add I went for a second try at the smoothie and it turned out better.  Banana/blueberry combo with a glop of Greek yogurt made it pretty yummy and a nice purple color...much better than poo-colored.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment