Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 2 - Interested or committed?

Whenever I get started on a new eating plan I always think to myself, "this time I'm going to stick with it!"  Then something comes up.  Girl Scout cookie time?!  A trip to Disney World.  Date Night.  A party.  A baby shower.  It doesn't seem to matter...A moment of weakness and then I crash.  I once heard one of my WW meeting leaders tell me, "just because you break a plate...doesn't mean you go break the entire set of dishes."  So true, but I often find myself doing just that!  I blew it...so, since I'm already doomed I may as well just binge. 

Day 2 asks us whether or not we are merely interested or if we are really committed.  Linda says, "When you're truly committed to achieving your goals, you stick with it, no matter what."  We are encouraged to adopt a "no matter what" attitude.


1.  Decide to be committed to your weight-loss plan, not just interested.   Yikes.  A tough one for me actually.  I guess I struggle with commitment since I've watched myself snarf it so many times in the past.  It seems that when other are eating something tempting...I succumb to a moment of weakness...that leads to a disaster.  I know that I need to be committed.  I can. I can.  I am definitely guilty of blaming my husband on some of my weaknesses.  I will need to work on this one.

2.  Describe how you will stick with your program, no matter what.  If I slip up, it is not the end of the world.  Shoot!  I shouldn't even view it as a "slip up."   It is a splurge.  And splurging is a part of life.  (Although I probably shouldn't make it a part of my daily life - lol).  If I splurge, it does not mean that I have failed.  I can make a better choice when confronted with temptation.  I am strong & committed.  I can DO HARD THINGS!  I can.

3.  Do one thing today that demonstrates your commitment.  Oh, boy...I started out my morning with a "Green Smoothie."  There has been so much hype lately over the green smoothies that I thought surely I must be missing something.  I finally gave in and decided to make one.  First of all...my smoothie was NOT green.  It looked like poo.  On the upside, it didn't taste gross...it was fine.  It was actually pretty good.  If I do this more often, I'm going to have to invest in a better blender.   Mine started smelling hot!  Of course, it is a decade old, I'm pretty sure it was a wedding gift.   Oh, and I'd better find some recipes or something because this was the ugliest smoothie ever.  The girls liked them though.  And we easily ate all our fruits and veggies for the day, including Omega-3s first thing.  I put about 1 cup of water in my blender.  Added a packet of Coromega Omega-3 (1 WW pt - but this should be ok to count as your "healthy oils" for the day.)  I then threw in a big handful of raw spinach.  I blended it until it was all liquidy.  Then I added a mix of strawberries & blueberries...which turned it to the color of poo.  Then to sweeten it up (so I could coax the kiddos into drinking it) I threw in glob of FF vanilla yogurt.  That did the trick.  It turned out pretty good and should calculate out to only 2 WW points for a big glass.  

Please though, if you have a better recipe than mine, do share!  I don't know if I could face a fresh glass of poo every morning.  It was pretty incredible though to get in my healthy oils and most fruits and veggies first thing in the morning...now I don't have to worry about them for the remainder of the day!  Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment